Friday 23 September 2011


Tinker, Tailor, Soldier….
Library worker?!!!...






What-ho, Blog spy-spotters!




Well now, inspired by the release of the latest cinematic manifestation of John le Carre’s George Smiley in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy I`ve been inspired to do a bit of snooping myself recently…Spying on customers and colleagues, actually, to see if any of ‘em are ‘lefties`….


Have you noticed how many left-handers there are these days?...What on earth’s going on?...






And all these left-handed authors, too?...


Mark Twain


Hans Christian Andersen


Bill Bryson


Thomas Carlyle


Lewis Carroll


Franz Kafka


Douglas Adams


HG Wells


Germaine Greer …Lefties, every man-jack of ‘em!






And another thing…Have you EVER spied how many library staff are lefties? It’s astonishing how many of ‘em are, dear readers…It’s a veritable phenomenon!






…One lefty library colleague - who wishes to remain anonymous - (let’s call him ‘David’, just to protect his identity) says being left-handed makes him “clumsy”, and prone to cause his biro to leak…Or is he just really what we call in the library profession “a M**** P**?”






Intrigued?...Why not do a bit of spying on our library staff yourselves?...


…Sneak up on one, quietly, of course…Ssshhh...Take a peek…


Are they lefties?...


Or are YOU a lefty?...


Let us know – right away.


Tell me, it’ll be our little secret…(Because, of course, there are NO  secret spy scandals here in Bexley, are there?)...






TTFN









12 comments:

JR said...

Well now, a number of years ago I sat in a room full of library-school students [a colleague and I were doing a presentation] and I noticed that a fair number of them were left-handed. So I did a quick count, and out of abut 15 or 16 students, more than 50% were left-handed. Sinister, eh??


JR

Blogbrary said...

Yes, sinister indeed.
I told you so...You have been warned!
TTFN

Jo-Anne said...

I revel in my left-handedness and come from a family where both my parents & my brother are left-handed and my sister was the odd one out as she is right-handed.
Left-handed people are said to be more artistic, so that could explain why there are a lot of left-handed authors.
Left-handed people are not more clumsy, we are just trying to get along in a world geared towards right-handed people.
Did you know Barack Obama and David Cameron are both left handed?
Left-handed people are taking over the world!

Anonymous said...

I'm left handed.

But am I a spy ?

I've looked in my job description and couldn't find anything, so I guess I'm not!!

P. said...

- this left-handed Librarian thinks the Blogbrarian is doing a terrific job, and I have put a hold on one of his sinister suggestions!

P.

Blogbrary said...

Dear correspondents ~ Many thanks for your thoughts, notes & comments. Splendid. (And educational, too…I`d noticed Mr Obama’s unusual pen grip on TV, but I didn’t know that Mr Cameron was of the left-handed persuasion)…
TTFN

Janice said...

In my experience left-handed people are more adaptable too. I can use my right hand much more than a 'righty' can use their left hand. My aunt,also a 'leftie', apparently told my Mum not to worry about my left-handedness as school would soon beat it out of me (that's what had happened to her) - it never tried...

Terri said...

Well, I think I'm capable of being a mucky pup without being left-handed - so perhaps that has another cause?
By the way - I know someone who lived near a lady called Melita Norwood in Bexleyheath and who, along with the rest of the world, was very surprised by some revelations that came to light in 1999.

Anonymous said...

DID U KNOW?
Baden Powell was left handed.

Blogbrary said...

Thank-you.
No, I didn't know that. Splendid fellow! How fascinating.
TTFN

P. said...

Well I was Not Impressed with A left-handed history of the world - I know it was supposed to be light-hearted and all that, but it lost all credibility for me when I read that Beethoven wasn't definitely left-handed - one of his friends said he was, but no-one else did - and how did Ed Thingy know about Joan of Arc? It was like reading the characteristics associated with the different star-signs - no real historical or scientific backup at all. I can account for my own creative genius (!), lovable eccentricity and bad temper by factors other than an excess of testosterone while I was developing in the womb, plus my visual spatial skills are rubbish.
I am trusting Chris McManus's Right hand, left hand to make up for the deficiencies, so watch out for another bulletin soon...

Anonymous said...

Kermit the Frog is left handed.