Monday 1 October 2012


The name’s Bond…Bilbo Bond”…

The spy with the golden, hairy feet…

 

Confused?...
I am!





Forgive me, dear readers, but I’m becoming even more confused than usual…


This month, we mark two significant birthdays (50th and 75th) of two cultural giants (007’s film debut, and The Hobbit’s first publication) but - for the life of me - I can’t remember which one’s which!

The more I try to pin them down, the more confused I become…

Hence, my mixed up, juxtaposed and tangled state of mind…

Who wrote what?...Was it JRR Fleming, or Ian Tolkien?

(Luckily we’ve got some splendid books about both chaps, so that’s a relief)

And what were the books?

 I know that I’ve read (and enjoyed) many of them, but which was which?...


The Man with the Golden Gandalf?...
From The Shire with love?...
Tom Bombadil never dies?...
Gold-ringfinger?...
Thunderbalrog?...

Can any reader help me?... It’s important, as I fear that next time I may have to review Fifty Shades of the Darling Buds of Gray, and I doubt that Pop Larkin’s reputation could survive such close scrutiny…

If you can help, just use the comments box below.

And thank-you…very much.






4 comments:

Terri said...

Well, Blogbrarian, let's see. Bilbo and Bond both went on missions and fought for good over evil, so perhaps that is why you are confused.
To try and set you on the right course, here is a start. Bond's master was M - and Bilbo's was Gandalf.

Anonymous said...

Talking of Christian Grey he would make a great James Bond as he has many gadgets.

Blogbrary said...

Gadgets?...

Anonymous said...

You really should read Fifty Shades of Grey Blogbrary,